Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Santa Claus is coming to town!

Happy Holidays Everyone! What did you ask Santa for? I always ask for a gift card for scrapbooking supplies because my husband is well aware of my supplies, but picking them out is not his forte. LOL! So if you suddenly find yourself needing to spend the holiday gift card, check out the awesome new products at the new Scraptastic Store! There are so many wonderful holiday collections and just sparkly pretty things for all of your holiday paper crafting.

For my layout today I used papers from the Merry and Bright collection from Pink Paislee and then I have accented with my favorite alphas ever - the Candy Cane Thickers, Freckled Fawn Stars and Such Wood Chips, and a sprinkle of the Fancy Pants Oh Deer! Sequins.


Supplies: Patterned Paper ( Pink Paislee Merry & Bright Reindeer Paper), ( Pink Paislee Merry & Bright Poinsettia Paper), (Pink Paislee Merry & Bright Handmade Holiday Paper ), (Pink Paislee Merry & Bright Snow Paper ), (Pink Paislee Merry & Bright Wreath Paper ), (Pink Paislee Merry & Bright Bow Paper ), Chipboard Alphas (the Candy Cane Thickers), Sequins (Fancy Pants Oh Deer! Sequins), Wood Chips (Freckled Fawn Stars and Such Wood Chips), Flair (Fancy Pants Designs Oh Deer! Flair ), little letter stickers (Webster's Pages Gingerbread Village Little Letter Stickers Red )

I began with the grey pin stripe Pink Paislee Merry & Bright Reindeer Paper for the background, next I cut apart a full piece of the tiny dot side of the Pink Paislee Merry & Bright Poinsettia Paper and reassembled it over the background paper. Before mounting the pieces on the background, I punched a few stars and scraped the edges of the paper. This creates depth in the background without distracting from the photo too much.



Under the photo layers I wanted a giant snowflake, so I hand cut a snowflake from plain printer paper. Combining embellishments and alphas creates a fun title, so I added Fancy Pants Designs Oh Deer! Flair as the "O" in Jolly.



I hope you all have a wonderful and safe holiday with family and friends! Don't forget to take alot of photos so you can join us back here for some scrapbooking next week!

1 comment:

Tracey said...

Loving this Susan!! Such a great page! Cutting up the background piece adds a lot of interest.